The search is on! We want you to post a video of yourself singing a Japanese song. Any song is fine, as long as it's from Japan. We're waiting for lots and lots of videos!
Please read before submitting
Before uploading a video, please read the "RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS" in the box below.
• Your video file must be no bigger than 200MB. Our system can not accept any file bigger than 200MB.
• We can not accept videos sent by any means other than our upload system. For example, we can not accept videos sent by post.
• The video file needs to be in the formats that can be used for broadcast, which are Windows Media (.wmv), QuickTime (.mov), Audio Video Interleave (.avi), MPEG (.mpg) and MPEG-4 (.mp4).
• You may not be able to upload a video if you use a browser other than the following: Windows: Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher; Chrome 32.0 or higher, Firefox 26.0 or higher, Safari 5.1 or higher.
• Turn cookies on in your browser. You may not be able to upload your video if cookies are off.
• Please keep a backup of your video. If we can not play part or all of the video because there was a fault in the Internet connection or in the video upload system when you uploaded it, we may ask you to upload it again or to send it using another medium.
Uploading Your Videos
Once again please read the below "RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS" carefully. If you agree on these rules and wish to upload your file, click the button at the bottom of this page to signify your agreement. Then please fill in the Upload Form, which will appear when you click the button. Please attach your video by selecting the file at the end of the form, and send it by clicking the button at the bottom of the page. (By clicking the button, you have again agreed to "RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS" and finally sent your video.)
• Uploading a large video file may take a while. Please do not break the Internet connection until you see the page which says "Upload complete".
Regarding NHK's handling of your personal information, please view the "NHK policy on Protection on Personal Information".
"RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS"
On RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS
You can send your videos from wherever you are, from any country or any region in the world. All of us, presenters and the staff, on the J-MELO team are looking forward to receiving your videos.
In sending your videos, there are certain rules we would like you to observe, as described in the "RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS" below. Please note that we will not check in each case or per each video if the rules are observed. As we receive the videos, it will be considered that you have understood and agreed to these rules.
Who can send the videos?
There are no age restrictions, so basically, any person can send videos. But there are certain conditions as follows:
1. No anonymous senders are acceptable, and the sender needs to be able to communicate with us in e-mails, as we may need to contact him/her in the course of our program production.
2. To send videos, the sender should agree to observe the "RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS", which specify certain conditions on the making of the videos and their rights.
3. If the sender is a minor in his/her own country/territory, he/she needs to have the consent of his/her parent/guardian concerning sending videos.
About Upload Form:
Please make sure that all the sections of Upload Form are filled in. We can not accept videos if any part of the form is left blank. A person who is a minor in his/her own country/territory needs to check the appropriate box of the relevant section.
"RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS"
1. Basic Rules for Making and Sending Videos
(1) The content of your video must be suitable for a large worldwide audience. We cannot accept any video that might be antisocial and legally/ethically problematic or that might make viewers feel uncomfortable.
(2) Peoples of different ethnic origins, religions and beliefs co-habit in the world, who are the viewers of our services. We can not accept the videos that may be biased or prejudiced politically or religiously. Neither can we accept any videos that may be associated with promotion or advertising for any particular group, company, goods, etc.
(3) The videos should be made in compliance with the laws and regulations of the countries/territories where they are made.
(4) The videos should not be in libel, defamation, violation or infringement of any other person’s rights, including copyrights and privacy. Even though it is not intentional, sometimes the videos may hurt other people’s feelings, so the utmost care and attention are requested in making and sending the videos.
(5) The agreements should be obtained from everyone involved in the contents and making of videos, including those who make appearances and those who are copyright holders of the original songs, such as composers and writers, concerning the showing and uses (or their possibilities) of the videos in NHK’s broadcasting service and other media as described in the below "8. Copyright and Other Rights". When the videos are received by us, it is considered that such agreements have been duly obtained.
(6) There should be no factors that may cause troubles or disputes with any third party.
Please understand that we have no specific knowledge about how videos were being made and sent. In this regard, we request the senders to be fully careful and responsible for making and sending of their videos. In case any problem arises in relation to any third parties, it shall be the sender’s responsibility to solve any such disputes. The sender shall compensate for any damage caused to NHK by his/her breach of rules.
2. Costs of Making and Sending Videos
The sender shall cover any necessary costs for making and sending videos.
3. Showing of the Videos
Showing of the videos to the world will take place in the following process:
(1) The videos received shall go through a selection by the production staff of J-MELO.
(2) Those selected will be broadcast in J-MELO. Please note that shorter edited versions of the videos may be broadcast due to the restrictions in broadcast time.
(3) There may be a case where the sender is asked to receive the advices of professional creators or music producers and to make some editing to his/her video for showing of such edited version in J-MELO.
In principle, there will be no communication or notification to the sender concerning the broadcasting plan or about showing on the homepage of the sender’s video. However, the sender may be contacted by NHK if it is necessary for our program production, etc.
5. Your Personal Information
Your personal information submitted in sending your video will not be used for any purposes other than communication necessary for program production. For the details of protection of personal information by NHK, please view "NHK's Policy on Protection of Personal Information".
6. Editing of Videos
Due to time restrictions, etc., NHK may edit the videos to a necessary extent to show them in broadcast programs, etc. There may also be a deletion or addition of text information in the videos.
NHK may decide at its own discretion not to show the name of the video's producer.
8. Copyright and Other Rights
(1) NHK understands and acknowledges that the copyright to the videos belong to their producer(s) or the parties designated by such producer(s).
(2) NHK shall have the right to keep the videos for the purposes of below (3) and (4).
(3) NHK shall have the right, in perpetuity, to use all or part of the video sent, as well as all or part of the television programs which include all or part of the video, for the purpose of NHK’s broadcasting activities and the promotion thereof, in:
(i) NHK’s broadcasting and internet services (including non-downloadable VOD service);
(ii) NHK’s promotional activities, exhibitions, research and studies, etc.;
(iii) entry to domestic and international competitions, etc.;
(iv) provision to activities of public service nature as determined by NHK;
(v) broadcasting by other broadcasters in Japan and other countries/territories:
(vi) events and other functions organized by NHK; and
(vii) provision to non-broadcast media, such as books, magazines, DVD, etc., in connection with NHK’s broadcasting.
The uses in above (i) to (vi) can be made without any fee, while the compensation and other details for the use in (vii) shall be subject to a separate agreement with the sender.
(4) The above (3) shall apply also to the versions edited with the advices of professional creators or music producers under the above 3. (3).
(5) Please note that the copyright to the music sung or used in the videos belong to the copyright holders of such music, and uploading or showing the videos outside this J-MELO Singer Search could be a possible cause of copyright infringement, for which the sender shall be responsible.
These RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS are subject to revisions. Any revisions shall be immediately announced in this page.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. If any dispute between the sender and NHK concerning this J-MELO Singer Search results in a lawsuit, it shall come under the exclusive jurisdiction of Tokyo Summary Court or Tokyo District Court, depending on the size of the financial claim in such lawsuit.
If you agree to follow the rules and are ready to upload a video, please click the blue button below to jump to the upload page. (By clicking the blue button, you have agreed to "RULES FOR SENDING YOUR VIDEOS".)