200g Aji horse mackerel
1/2 yellow bell pepper
200 ml cornstarch
100 ml sushi vinegar
100 ml water
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Make the marinade: Combine the sushi vinegar, water, and soy sauce.
2. Cut the bell pepper into long strips along its length.
3. Prepare either filleted horse mackerel or horse mackerel with the heads and innards removed. Rinse the horse mackerel and gently wipe off any excess moisture, then cut into bite-sized pieces and coat with cornstarch.
4. Preheat oil for deep-frying to 170°C, then fry the bell pepper, uncoated. Transfer the fried bell pepper to the marinade to marinate.
5. Fry the horse mackerel at 170°C. Keep frying until the bubbles get small and the fish begins to float.
6. Transfer the fried horse mackerel to the marinade while it's still hot, and let marinate for 10 min.
7. Place the horse mackerel and bell pepper on a serving dish and pour the marinade over top, and serve.