< Top < Recipes < Deep-fried Spicy Kabocha
Jun. 16, Fri. 2017
Rika's TOKYO CUISINE
Deep-fried Spicy Kabocha
Supaishi kabocha age
- Ingredients (Serves 2)
1/4 kabocha squash
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp nam pla
oil for deep frying
1. Place the kabocha squash on a microwave-safe dish and cover with plastic wrap, then microwave for 3 min.
2. Grate both the ginger and garlic.
3. Cut the kabocha squash into bite-sized pieces.
4. Transfer the cut kabocha squash to a bowl, then add the nam pla, grated ginger, grated garlic, and powdered cinnamon, and toss to coat.
5. Coat the kabocha squash in a thin layer of potato starch.
6. Preheat oil for deep-frying to 170°C. Fry the coated kabocha squash for 2.5 min, then raise heat to high and fry for an additional 3 min.
7. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.