< Top < Recipes < Rika's Omelet Rice
Oct. 21, Fri. 2016
Rika's TOKYO CUISINE
Rika's Omelet Rice
Rika ryu Omuraisu
- Ingredients (Serves 2)
9 green onions
1 slice bacon
1 tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
400g cooked rice
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
salt-pepper mix to taste
1 tsp sugar
4 pinches of salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp butter (30g)
chopped parsley, as needed
1. Chop all of the green onion.
2. Cut the bacon into strips 5 mm wide.
3. Place the bacon strips into a frying pan with the sesame oil, and stir-fry over medium heat. Add green onion and season with salt-pepper mix to taste, then add the rice and break apart the clumps into individual grains.
4. Mix together as desired, then mix in the ketchup and sugar, stir-frying as you do so.
5. Season with more salt-pepper mix as needed, then transfer the fried rice to a serving plate, making a round mound.
6. Beat the eggs and mix in the salt and sugar. Melt the butter in a frying pan to coat, then pour in the egg mixture, moving the pan around with one hand as you briskly stir the egg approx. 50 times with cooking chopsticks, then remove from heat.
7. Allow the egg to cook through with residual heat, then turn the egg over onto the fried rice to cover.
8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.