< Top < Recipes < Yaki-udon (Stir-fried Udon Noodles)
Oct. 23, Fri. 2015
Rika's TOKYO CUISINE
Yaki-udon (Stir-fried Udon Noodles)
- Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 fresh shiitake mushroom (about 45 g)
100 g fresh pork belly, sliced thinly
salt & pepper
1 bunch green onions for garnish
400 g frozen cooked udon noodles
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp water
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp sake
1. Slice the onion, carrot, and shiitake mushrooms. Chop the green onions. Cut the pork belly into 2 cm squares.
2. To make the sauce, combine the oyster sauce, water, soy sauce, sugar, sake, and curry powder, and mix thoroughly.
3. Microwave the frozen udon noodles at 700W for about 3 minutes, or until defrosted enough to separate the noodles.
4. Add sesame oil and pork to an unheated frying pan, and stir-fry over low heat.
5. When the pork has cooked through, raise the heat to medium and add the sliced onion, carrot, and shiitake mushrooms. Stir-fry until tender, lightly seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Add the thawed udon noodles and the sauce, mixing until the noodles are coated with the sauce. Transfer to a plate and serve topped with the chopped green onions.