Submit Your Stories to TAP 2019
What is The Asian Pitch?
The Asian Pitch was launched in 2006 based on a common vision among Asian public broadcasters to fund original HD documentaries produced by Asian docu-makers. Its mission is to uncover compelling human-interest stories that will make the world sit up and take notice. It also aims to discover new and hidden talent in Asia.
NHK (Japan),KBS (South Korea),and PTS (Taiwan) select and commission the winning stories for their networks. They also market and distribute the programs in international markets.
We are Looking for
- Original Asian human-interest stories or unusual treatments of existing Asian human-interest stories.
- Human-interest stories that will interest and excite Asian public broadcasters.
- Human-interest stories that you believe the Asian and international community will want to know about.
- Original programs that depict Asia's societal transition.
The Asian Pitch 2019 Timeline
- Submission Deadline: April 30, 2019
- selection of 10 projects
- Pitching Session: July, 2019
- Commissioning of 3-4 projects
- Production: August 2019 – September 2020
- Broadcast & Distribute: After October 2020