Three-Dimensional Sound Reproduction with Line Array Loudspeakers
We are researching binaural rendering※ as a technique for easily reproducing the 22.2 multichannel sound of 8K Super Hi-Vision in the home. Here you can experience 3D sound reproduced using this technique.
- 3D sound reproduction using loudspeakers placed only in front of viewers
- Using the binaural rendering technique, the sound from the side or rear can be heard through loudspeakers that are placed only in front of the viewers.
- Compact line array loudspeakers
- Line array loudspeakers consist of multiple small loudspeaker units that are arranged in a straight line. They can be arranged above and bottom the TV screen or built into the TV by reducing the size of the loudspeaker units.
We will continue with R&D on sound reproduction systems that apply this technique to enable the enjoyment of 22.2 multichannel sound in the home.
- This research was conducted partly in collaboration with Sharp Corporation.
- ※Binaural rendering: A sound reproduction technique that creates the effect of hearing sound from any direction relative to the listener without the need to place loudspeakers in that direction. The effect is accomplished by reproducing how the sound is transmitted from its place of origin to both ears.