Reception System of Super Hi-Vision Satellite Broadcasting
Toward the start of practical broadcasting in 2018 and subsequent widespread use
We are introducing a reception system that will be needed to view Super Hi-Vision (4K/8K) satellite broadcasting at home and a retransmission technology to view satellite broadcasts through cable TV.
- Toward the spread of the reception system
- Besides introducing a schedule for the widespread penetration of the 2018 practical broadcast technology by 2020, we will also introduce a reception system that enables direct broadcast reception in apartments and houses.
- Cable TV retransmission technology
- We will introduce a 4K/8K Super Hi-Vision transmission scheme with a channel bonding technology. It enables 4K/8K transmission over existing cable TV networks.
- Joint exhibit of NHK Engineering Administration Department and Science & Technology Research Laboratories (STRL)