Full-Featured 8K Program Production System
High-resolution, high-frame-rate, and vivid-color 8K live production
We are researching and developing a production system for full-featured 8K Super Hi-Vision video. Here, we demonstrate the newly developed high-frame-rate (120 Hz) full-featured 8K production equipment and a live production system.
- Full-featured 8K enables video that produces a high sense of presence and reality
- Full-featured 8K is a television system that consists of a high resolution (8K), wide color gamut, high dynamic range (HDR), fine gradation (12 bit), and high frame frequency (120 Hz) to provide vivid color, high-sense-of-presence video at high resolution with little motion blur.
- Production equipment for full-featured 8K video
- Full-featured 8K production equipment requires a high-speed interface and video processing. We have newly developed a live switcher that is capable of wipe and dissolve※1 effects, a superimposer, and a frame synchronizer※2 with a 144 Gbit/s interface (U-SDI). ※3
- Full-featured 8K shooting and recording equipment
- In addition to the 3-chip full-featured 8K camera and the ultracompact single-chip 8K camera developed last year, the full-resolution 8K single-chip camera also supports a high frame rate of 120 Hz. The full-featured 8K compression recorder provides a newly developed compact recording media.
We are moving forward with R&D on a full-featured 8K production system aiming for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- ※1 Dissolve: A video transition effect that gradually mixes scenes
- ※2 Frame synchronizer: Equipment that brings different video signals into phase
- ※3 Interface (U-SDI): An interface for 4K and 8K signals recommended by ITU-R