Enriching Daily Activity by TV Content Connecting with IoT
Creating a new viewing experience by extensions of Hybridcast Connect
The Internet of Things (IoT) is expected to become popular in the near future, and we are conducting research and development into the utilization of IoT to implement more convenient broadcasting services. Here, we demonstrate use cases of TV content-oriented service collaboration technology, by using extensions of "Hybridcast Connect※" that enables to connect TV, smartphones and IoT enabled devices.
- Mobile-centric TV control
- Mobile applications collaborative with TVs allows to cast video on demand (VOD) content to a TV or tune to a channel by tapping a link shared by friends through SNS.
- Collaboration of broadcasting and smartphone applications
- A link function between Hybridcast Connect and various smartphone applications facilitates to involve mobile Internet services in broadcasting in an easy way, such as launching an application that is introduced in a program by a single tap.
- Collaboration with IoT enabled devices
- Communication between a smartphone and IoT enabled devices allows more attractive presentation of broadcast content, such as use of robots.
We will continue to work with commercial broadcasters, TV manufacturers and various other business enterprises toward the practical launch of extensions of Hybridcast Connect.
- ※Hybridcast Connect: A functional set on a companion devices to connect to a Hybridcast TV. Functions in this set are standardized as IPTV Forum specifications. Hybridcast Connect allows companion devices to connect TVs of various manufacturers.