Organic Light-Emitting Diode with High Color Purity
Expanding the color reproduction area of OLED displays
We have developed a green organic light-emitting diode (OLED) that has high color purity for implementing a wide-color-gamut OLED display that is compatible with the Super Hi-Vision (4K and 8K) wide-color-gamut system※1.
- Development of a device that features both high color purity and high emission efficiency
- We have developed a host material of emitting layer that is suitable for use as a high-color-purity light-emitter. Use of this host material makes it possible to achieve high emission efficiency while maintaining high color purity.
- Top emission structure improves color purity
- We further improved color purity by introducing a top emission structure※2 and using light interference phenomenon to strengthen particular wavelengths, thus achieving very high color purity in green light emission.
We will aim to realize OLEDs of even higher color purity and higher efficiency.
- ※1 A color system that expresses colors quantitatively and can reproduce colors that are even more vivid and true than the current HDTVbroadcasting system is capable of reproducing
- ※2 Top emission structure: A light-emitting device structure in which light is emitted in the direction away from the substrate, which is opposite to conventional bottom-emitting devices. Because the emitted light is unaffected by transistors or other devices, a wide aperture is possible.