Acoustic Devices for 22.2ch Sound
Single-unit microphone and thin loudspeaker
We are developing acoustic devices for 22.2 multichannel (22.2ch) sound providing both high quality and usability. We here introduce a single-unit microphone having fine spatial resolution and a thin loudspeaker made of viscoelastic piezoelectric composite film※.
- 22.2ch sound single-unit microphone
- We developed a single-unit microphone for recording 22.2ch sound at one spot. It records sound with fine spatial resolution across all frequency range using main microphones directed toward the positions of the 22.2ch loudspeakers and sub microphones to improve directivity.
- Thin loudspeaker
- We developed a thin, lightweight loudspeaker made of viscoelastic piezoelectric composite film that expands and contracts with applied voltage. Featuring both flexible shaping and a wide frequency range, it can be applied to loudspeakers for flat-panel TVs and 22.2ch loudspeakers for home use.
Our plan is to introduce the 22.2ch sound single-unit microphone in TV program production and to improve the performance of the thin loudspeaker to enable its practical implementation.
- The research on thin loudspeakers is being conducted in cooperation with FUJIFILM Corporation.
- ※Viscoelastic piezoelectric composite film: A polymer film that deforms according to the applied voltage.