Services and Technologies to Bridge Content and Daily Activity
Cross device platform for collaboration between broadcasting, internet, and life activity
We are developing technology for connecting TV experience with the various activities in our daily life. This exhibit describes such technology and various use cases of services.
- Advanced "Hybridcast Connect※"
- Extensions of “Hybridcast Connect” drives applications to link those on TVs, smartphones, and Internet of Things (IoT) enabled devices. It will bring spontaneous content consumption in daily life activities through various devices around the viewers.
- Structured data for linking programs and users
- Structured data is one of the key technologies to link program viewing to activities and devices in the user’s life. Applying a semantic structure to program and user data enables advanced collaboration of services and effectively connects users and programs.
- Software Framework available to various enterprises
- An open software framework including advanced "Hybridcast Connect" and structured data will boost to build various services by various enterprises.
We will continue to work with commercial broadcasters, TV manufacturers and various other business enterprises toward the practical launch of extensions of Hybridcast Connect.
- This research has been jointly conducted in cooperation with DENSO, TV Asahi, TBS Television, and Fuji Television Network.
- This demonstration is jointly exhibited with Sharp, TV Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolitan Television Broadcasting, and Hokkaido Television Broadcasting as well as research partners.
- ※Hybridcast Connect: A functional set to connect companion devices to a Hybridcast TV. Functions in this set are standardized in IPTV Forum specifications. Hybridcast Connect allows companion devices to connect to TVs of various manufacturers.