< Top < Recipes < Roast Beef Sushi
Jun. 8, Fri. 2018
Rika's TOKYO CUISINE
Roast Beef Sushi
rosuto bifu zushi
- Ingredients (Serves 4)
500 g beef round
360 ml short-grain rice
400 ml soft water
Seasoned vinegar for rice:
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp red rice vinegar
1. First, make the sushi rice: Wash the short-grain rice and place it in a pot with the kombu kelp. Add the water and heat over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 min.
2. Mix the salt, sugar and rice vigegar to make the seasoned vinegar. Pour over the rice and mix in, using a cutting motion.
3. Next, roast the beef. Sprinkle the entire piece of beef with an amount of salt equal to 2% of its weight (for example, for 500 g of beef, use 10 g of salt).
4. Preheat your oven to 120°C. Place the beef on a rack, and place the rack on a baking tray that has water added to it. Roast at 120°C for 40 min.
5. Remove the beef from the oven and wrap in aluminum foil, and let rest for 30 min.
6. Take about 1 tbsp of sushi rice in your hand, and gently squeeze it 4-5 times to shape it.
7. Place a slice of roast beef on top of the shaped sushi rice. Repeat with the remaining sushi rice and roast beef.
8. Serve each piece topped with wasabi paste or yuzu-kosho.