< Top < Recipes < Tamagoyaki Sandwich
*You will leave the NHK website.
Sep. 2, Fri. 2016
Rika's TOKYO CUISINE
- Ingredients (Serves 2)
4 slices sandwich bread
For the tamagoyaki (Rolled omelet):
6 pinches of salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sake
2 tbsp water
For one batch (3 eggs)
3 pinches of salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp sake
4 cherry tomatoes
2 sprigs parsley
1. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl and stir in half of each of the salt, sugar, sake, and water.
2. Oil a rectangular Japanese omelet pan and pour a thin layer of beaten egg evenly over the entire surface of the pan.
3. Cook the egg, using chopsticks to roll the egg to the far side of the pan.
4. Pour in another thin layer of beaten egg and roll the rolled egg in it to add an additional layer to the outside of the rolled egg. Repeat several times with the remaining beaten egg.
5. When you have rolled up the last layer of egg, transfer the rolled egg to a bamboo mat and roll it up. Apply pressure to give it a rectangular cross section, then let cool until safe to handle.
6. Spread mayonnaise on 2 slices of sandwich bread, and spread wasabi paste onto one of them as well.
7. Place the rolled omelet on a slice of bread and slice off the outer layer, then place another slice of bread on top, making sure that the layers of egg are visible.
8. Cut the edges of the sandwich off to make it square, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
9. Repeat to make a second sandwich. Garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes and serve.