< Top < Recipes < Salmon Rice with Ikura Salmon Roe
Oct. 21, Mon. 2013
Rika's TOKYO CUISINE
Salmon Rice with Ikura Salmon Roe
Sake to ikura no okowa
- Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 1/2 cup (300 ml) short grain rice
1 1/2 cup (300 ml) glutinous rice
1 piece kombu, 10 cm square
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
3 tbsp (45 ml) sake
675 ml water
4 fillet (400 g) shiozake (salted salmon)
200 g ikura salmon roe
10 shiso leaves
toasted sesame seeds, to taste
1. Place the washed and drained rice in an earthen pot, add the sake, kombu, salt, nam pla, and water, and stir.
2. Lay the salmon fillets over the rice, cover the pot with a lid, put over a high heat until boiling, and then cook for 13 minutes over a low heat.
3. This dish can be enjoyed in three different ways. The first way is to serve just the white rice, topping it generously with salmon roe. Indulge in the supple rice with the flavor and fragrance of the salted salmon, combined with the bursting texture of the salmon roe.
4. The second way is to fully enjoy the flavor of the salted salmon. Mix the flaked salmon and chopped shiso leaves evenly into the rice, then sprinkle with sesame seeds to enhance its fragrance.
5. The last way is to eat no. 4 topped with salmon roe.