< Top < Recipes < Salt-pickled Cucumber&Carrot
*You will leave the NHK website.
Jan. 12, Mon. 2015
Rika's TOKYO CUISINE
- Ingredients (Serves 4)
1. Partially peel the cucumbers, alternating 1 cm wide strips of peeled and unpeeled skin. If the skin is thick and tough, it's fine to peel the whole cucumber.
2. Peel the carrot and cut into four pieces along its length.
3. Rub salt into the vegetables, then place them into a zip-top plastic bag and let rest to pickle in a refrigerator for a minimum of one hour, and no longer than overnight.
4. Remove the vegetables from the bag and use a paper towel to wipe off any moisture from the vegetables.
5. Slice the vegetables into easy-to-eat pieces and arrange on a plate.