What is The Asian Pitch?
The Asian Pitch started as the result of a common vision betweenNHK (Japan),
KBS (South Korea),
PTS (Taiwan), and
MediaCorp (Singapore) to fund original HD documentaries produced by Asian docu-makers.
Its mission is to uncover compelling human-interest stories that will make the world sit
up and take notice. The aim is also to discover new and hidden talent in Asia.
In 2016, MediaCorp left the partnership due to a change in its strategy, but NHK, KBS, and PTS have been carrying on the project and its legacy.
The three broadcasters will select and commission the winning stories for their primetime slots. Further, the broadcasters will market and distribute the programs in international markets.
We are Looking for
- Original Asian human-interest stories or unusual treatments of existing Asian human-interest stories.
- Human-interest stories that will interest and excite Asian public broadcasters.
- Human-interest stories that you believe the Asian and international community will want to know about.
- Original programs that depict Asia's societal transition.
The Asian Pitch 2018 Timeline
- Submission Deadline: June 1, 2018
- selection of 10 projects
- Pitching Session: July, 2018
- Commissioning of 3-4 projects
- Production: August 2018 – September 2019
- Broadcast & Distribute: After October 2019
Copyright of the programs will be owned by the broadcasters. You will receive a share of the distribution revenue of your documentary after the cost of investments has been recovered by the broadcasters.