What is The Asian Pitch?
The Asian Pitch is the result of a common vision between NHK (Japan), KBS (South Korea),
PTS (Taiwan), and MediaCorp (Singapore) to fund original HD documentaries produced by Asian docu-makers. Its mission is to uncover compelling human-interest stories that will make the world sit up and take notice. The aim is also to discover new and hidden talent
The four broadcasters will select and commission the winning stories for our primetime slots. Further, the broadcasters will market and distribute the programs in international markets.
We are Looking for
- Original Asian human-interest stories or unusual treatments of existing Asian human-interest stories.
- Human-interest stories that will interest and excite Asian public broadcasters.
- Human-interest stories that you believe the Asian and international community will want to know about.
- Original programs that depicts Asia's societal transition.
The Asian Pitch 2017 Timeline
- Submission Deadline: April 30, 2017
- selection of 10 projects
- Pitching Session: July, 2017
- Commissioning of 3-4 projects
- Production: August 2017 – September 2018
- Broadcast & Distribute: After October 2018
Copyright of the programs will be owned by the broadcasters. You will receive a share of the distribution revenue of your documentary after the cost of investments has been recovered.